Monday, February 20, 2006

Cut and run by any other name...

The Democrats are calling for a "strategic redeployment". They claim this is not "cut and run", but I'm not sure I buy their claim. They would have us pull out of Iraq before the job is done. The only way we can leave Iraq without risking a Somalia-esque aftermath is to have destroyed the enemy. There is no other way out of this.

What is very clear is the Democrats have decided they want to be back in power, and they're willing to hand al-Qaeda a strategic victory to get it. There is a clear disregard for the past consequences of retreat. There is also the craven subordination of national security for political gain.

I'm sorry, but this is a big issue for me. I'll admit that I am a Republican, but if the Republicans were acting this way, I would be equally harsh on them. I place my country over my political ideology and certainly over a political party. The survival of the United States of American has to be paramount. It used to be that both political parties believed in this. Now, one of these parties is willing to gain political power regardless of cost to the country. What is very clear is the Democrats have decided they want to be back in power, and they're willing to hand al-Qaeda a strategic victory to get it. There is a clear disregard for the past consequences of retreat. There is also the craven subordination of national security for political gain. In my book, that is reckless endangerment.

Cross-posted at No End But Victory.

No comments: