Sunday, May 06, 2007

2007 Milblogging Conference...

I attended the 2007 Milblogging Conference. Not only did I get the chance to put some faces to blogs, but I was able to catch up with some of the cool folks I met last year. I also got to meet up with Marc Danziger, who has a project that I am very eager to help out with.

My favorite moment? In a long conference filled with great panels, with a lot of great people, and great events (including a recorded address from the President), it just seems so unfair to just pick one or two moments as the best of the entire day. That said, Robert Stokley's speech about his son Michael, who was killed in action over in Iraq, probably was one that will stick with me for a long time. (Hat tip to Mary Katharine Ham - a new addition to my blogroll).

On a side note, I can now say I had lunch with Ana Marie Cox - a pretty nice person who is in need of the DVDs of the classic Battlestar Galactica series. And I mean the classic - with Dirk Benedict as Starbuck. The new one is not one I rush to see, although it has had its moments.

I missed Austin Bay - who was great when he was at the 2006 conference. All in all, I am looking forward to next year's conference.

No comments: