Some things to remember with regards to the report the Democrats are seizing on to criticize the Administation:
1. The report was classified. That means somebody leaked it to the New York Times - just as the NSA's surveillance of terrorist communications and the financial tracking system were leaked.
2. The New York Times report is said to be less than accurate.
3. If Iraq has been a hinderance to the war on terror, then we should have suffered soem sort of reverse in Afghanistan - nor should three successful elections in Iraq have occured. Do we have more terrorists? Maybe, but they are not at the same level as the ones that were being trained in Iraq and Afghanistan.
4. It is also not surprising to see new cells emerge. For years, Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein were training terrorists from all over the Moslem world. The roster of al-Qaeda includes terrorists from Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and even the United States of America. What's to say some haven't been recruiting?
5. Have we seen any major attacks on American soil since that bight, sunny, Tuesday morning?
Things are not as bad as this report would have us believe. And some leaker needs to be grabbed by the long arm of the law.