Friday, November 03, 2006

Bush Lied--er, Never Mind!

The most pernicious meme of the war in Iraq is "Bush Lied." We are told by various liberal talking heads that Saddam Hussein did not have a nuclear weapons program, blah, blah, blah.

But if that statement is true, why is the New York Times reporting that the Operation Iraqi Freedom document archive included documents that "constitute a basic guide to building an atomic bomb?"

In their haste to do something to reinvigorate the Democrat campaign for Congress, the New York Times had to resort to "Bush helped the Iranians develop nukes." Never mind that Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan seems to be the main culprit here. The momentum was going against Democrats! Something had to be done in the wake of Kerry's gaffe!

I'm sure that I'm not the only member of the Pajamahadeen commenting on this (indeed, I am actually in my pajamas as I write this). I'm sure that the New York Times editorial staff is starting to realize that they're about to get Rathergated this weekend.

And, in the GOP War Room, Karl Rove lights a cigar and says, "I love it when a plan comes together."

No comments: