Saturday, April 22, 2006

Thoughts on the conference...

It was an amazing conference. A very educational way to spend a Saturday - and it was worth it. As the numerous entries below will attest, there was a lot of stuff said. I probably caught a quarter of it at most in my effort to live-blog it - which probably made a hash of the worthwhile things that were said (I was trying to keep up with the spoken word, and I only use two fingers, myself).

Andi from Andi's World did an excellent job putting this conference together.

One thing the milbloggers have done is to provide a check on the media. Vietnam will not happen again because these folks do much to get the stories that the mainstream media will not cover out there. This is a good thing for the country. We went through a lot of unnecessary torment because of Cronkite's comments in the wake of the Tet Offensive. That will not happen again, thankfully.

1 comment:

Harold said...

Please also note my earlier post during Colonel Bay's opening remarks here, written during Colonel Bay's opening remarks.